Development of functional and system test benches
IABG designs and implements highly complex functional and development test benches for aircraft systems, tailored to customers‘ specifications. Customers benefit from our comprehensive experience with mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electric / electronic subsystems as well as our know-how on real-time simulation and control unit tests. We take care of the technical implementation of the test benches as well as their integration into the customer‘s testing environment. Our core competencies include the utility management, technical planning and general contracting services required for setting up test facilities and centres.
Our service portfolio
- Feasibility studies
The launch of a complex text bench is generally preceded by a model-based feasibility study. We analyse the task, develop and evaluate different solutions and accompany their implementation if requested. As part of the feasibility study, we offer consulting and/or take care of drafting specifi cations, scope of work and invitations to tender.
- Planning and configuration
We draft the detailed confi guration as well as the entire manufacturing and assembly documentation for a test bench.
- Consultation and analysis
Our team analyses existing testing environments, identifi es potential areas for optimisation and plans respective modifi cation and modernisation measures.
- Construction supervision, project management
Our experts manage the installation, implementation and acceptance of your test bench on site.
- Test bench modernisation
We bring your test benches up to the latest state of the art, using standard products as well as our own powerful control and automation systems.
- Test bench implementation
As your general contractor, we assume responsibility for the implementation of the test bench and set it up on site, ready for you to use.
- Metrological services
Benefi t from IABG‘s many years of experience and knowledge in metrology and associated fi elds. Our expertise enables us to understand your challenges and meet the requirements of any given task. A comprehensive palette of sensors and measuring data acquisition systems permit us to react quickly and fl exibly to all sorts of measuring requirements. Our services include sensor application (force, torque, pressure, temperature, displacement, acceleration, strains etc.), fl ight test instrumentation, optical deformation and strain measurement, photogrammetry, measuring data evaluation and calibration.
- Kopter Group AG Industrial Maturity Management Audit, 2020
- Airbus S.A.S., 2010, 2011, 2017
- Airbus Helicopters, 2015
- Eurocopter, 2012
- Bombardier Aerospace, 2012
- EADS Elbe Flugzeugwerke GmbH, 2011
- ASCO Industries N.V., 2011
- AREVA NP GmbH, 2007
- Rolls-Royce Deutschland Ltd & Co KG, 2007
- MTU Aero Engines, 2004
- Patria Finavicomp Oy (Finnland), 2004
- Airbus Deutschland GmbH, 2002
- Verizon, Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (USA) 2002
- 02.03.2020 IABG distinguished as Best Performer Laboratory in the Airbus Merit Program in all audited test categories
- 15.05.2018 Fatigue strength test for the Bombardier C Series: IABG simulates 180.000 flights
- 19.06.2017 IABG successfully completes calibration tests on Pilatus PC-24 in Dresden