Chemical and Physical Materials Analyses
Using different qualitative and quantitative methods of examination we demonstrate internal chemical and physical relationships in all sorts of materials.
The spectrum of our expertise in analytics ranges from the identification of a material (an inorganic or organic solid body) to the elementary analysis of trace elements and the determination of crystalline and molecular structures.
Our offering also includes the determination and evaluation of indispensable physical parameters like glass transition temperature, inherent stress condition and fibre volume content.
Materials testing through:
- Spark optical emission spectroscopy (spark OES)
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
- Time-of-flight mass spectrometry (TOFMS)
- Carrier gas hot extraction of the elements C, S, H, N, ODifferential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA)
- Dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA)
- Determination of density
- Residual stress measurements by x-ray
- Photometric analyses
- Coating inspections
- Compression set
These tests are carried out on metals/alloys, synthetic materials/organic compounds, ceramics, salts, liquids and laminates.
- 20.10.2021 Overall system demonstrator for a future airmobile weapon carrier (GSD LuWa) presented to the BMVg and BAAINBw
- 23.03.2021 Cooperation Agreement between IABG and SSF Ingenieure AG
- 27.01.2021 IABG launches a new competence centre for railway technology at its Dresden site