Variable Test Rig for Resilient Components (VTRC)
The development and quality monitoring of high stressed spring components of vehicles like suspension springs and stabilizer bars demand fatigue tests under near-service conditions. The main quality features to be tested are, for instance, fatigue strength and relaxation behaviour under near to reality load and environmental conditions.
Based on these requirements IABG offers an energy-efficient test rig for the testing of resilient components under saltwater corrosion, with different temperatures or under laboratory conditions for a time and cost saving determination of fatigue strength.
Benefits of the IABG Test Rig
- Energy efficiency by testing with a new actuator concept
- Implementation of cycling tests
- Testing in the frequency range under 2 Hz
- Testing of single and multi-level realtime signals
- Testing at different temperatures and/or incorrosive media
- Free configuration of test components in clamping area
- Testing of springs/stabilizer bars with original stabilizer bar bearings and assembly tests in full axle configurations
Testing of coiled springs in axle configuration