Smart City & Safe City
Smart City & Safe City – The Opportunity to Establish a New Standard of Living
Today, cities are a symbol of change and progress and thus a “space of the future”. As a highly complex entity, they offer their inhabitants new, unimagined possibilities: Whether you travel to work every day on an autonomous bus, or do away with the need to search for a parking space with an app that leverages near real-time information from an intelligent traffic control system – the concepts for the city of the future seem to know no limits. Many cities are actively preparing for the future. They plan the most diverse habitats with a digital twin, and use geographic information systems (GIS), building information modelling (BIM), artificial intelligence and neural networks, as well as traditional risk analysis and risk management.
Sustainable urban development is essential as urbanisation continues to increase. The proportion of the world’s population living in cities is growing steadily – up to 6.7 billion people by 2050, according to United Nations World Urbanization Prospects. As their size increases, so does the economic importance of urban areas and their contribution to the global gross domestic product, made possible by deep integration of different areas of life and work. Cities that are intelligent and connected – in other words, smart cities – can offer their citizens a high quality of life and companies global competitive advantages.
Digitisation is increasingly defining all urban living spaces. In addition to the organisation of urban processes, it is increasingly important to react to the ever more pronounced natural hazards such as floods, storms or heat, and to improve resilience. Digital information is used to simulate future scenarios and determine the degree of preparedness.
Challenges of the Safe City
Although the rapid development of digitisation is increasing the potential and opportunities for cities, it also brings with it challenges and threats for companies and citizens. The future in the age of the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0 has immense potential, which will have a considerable impact on the everyday life of citizens. Along with these new technologies, including the new 5G network, there comes increasing complexity. Ever stronger and more closely connected infrastructures and services lead to increased security threats. As a smart city, all eyes are on the city’s developments. All changes are seen by the public and have a strong impact on the authority of city administrations. Security and resilience to new threats such as cybercrime or cyberterrorism and natural disasters are fundamental elements in sustaining urban life. Because only an intelligent city is a safe city that can comprehensively protect its citizens and its critical infrastructures.
Safe is Smart – With Us at Your Side
For decades IABG has been carrying out projects with reliable and neutral expertise, including assignments for urban security stakeholders. With a holistic end-to-end consulting approach, we support companies throughout the entire process and help them to successfully meet any challenge of digitisation and to take advantage of the options for Smart & Safe Cities. As an international consultant, we are at your side to shape the urban future intelligently and safely. With your intelligent, safe and innovative visions and our experience in the field of security, process optimisation and digitisation we will create a Smart & Safe City for your citizens.
We Plan Together With You, Support and Advise You
- At all levels of the Smart & Safe City:
- Creation of the digital twin with GIS and BIM
- Planning support for sustainable urban development
- Risk analyses of natural hazards and environmental monitoring
- Control centres and situation centres
- Analytics and intelligent applications
- Sensor technology including cameras and drones
- Networking and IT-Security
- As core stakeholders of the Safe City:
- City authorities and management
- First responders
- As public and private-sector operators of critical urban infrastructure, such as:
- Government & administration
- Telecommunications company
- Power, water and gas company
- Transportation and traffic company
Your Added Value
- Thanks to diligent support in managing the digitisation of your processes and secure connection of people and solutions you can continue to concentrate on your core tasks while enjoying the benefits of digitisation.
- You will receive customized information security and communication technology solutions created by our IT security experts.
- We support you in obtaining the ISO 27001 / IT-Grundschutz (BSI) security certification..
- Our implementation and operational support for Security Operations Centres (SOCs) and Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) helps you effectively prevent security risks of a technical and organisational nature and thus increase general security and minimise dangers.
- Regardless of the phase your Smart City projects are in: With our profound and structured end-to-end planning, consulting and training you are optimally prepared and organised at all times.
- Take advantage of our support in award management and analysis of your investments to achieve the best return on your investm
As one of only a few BSI-certified IT security service providers IABG is your competent and independent consultant.
Would you like to learn more about us, or get in touch? Then visit us at one of the events/trade fairs listed below, or use the contact form:
Visit us at the Smart City Expo World Congress 2020 in Barcelona, the largest international congress on the topic of the Smart City, where we will show you what makes a Smart City a Safe City.
“Inspiration for the City of Tomorrow” – this is the motto of this year’s Smart City Solutions 2020 and INTERGEO (13.-15.10.2020) in Berlin. Visit us in Hall 27, Booth C27.09. We will be happy to inform you at the trade fair or up front about custom solutions for the “City = Space of the Future”.
IABG hosted the first expert talk on holistic security of control centres and situation centres in Berlin on 6 January 2020.
IABG offers a platform for practice-oriented lectures and discussions which present the various perspectives on the security of control centres and situation centres, e.g. object protection, building control technology, security technology, security in communication technology, requirements of BSI’s “IT-Grundschutz”, and more.
Would you like to be informed about our in-house events or services in future? Then please use our contact form.
We are looking forward to getting in touch with you!