- Business Fields
- Mobility • Energy
- Nuclear technology
- Qualification of components under combined mechanical and climatic loads
Initial situation: You need an optimisation of the design
- Your component is already in serial production.
- The exact mechanical loads are unknown.
- The component is subject to environmental stresses (temperature, humidity, salt, etc...).
- There are cases of damage (mechanical failure, cracks, fractures).
Our solution approach
Measurement campaign / sensor application, measurement of loads and responses
Determination of failure mechanisms, derivation of possible causes of damage
Model creation & if necessary model adjustment (measured dynamic properties)
Material tests, joining technology / component tests
Generation of damage-equivalent loads, comparison with applied loads
FEM response analyses and operational strength assessment, iterative optimisation of the design, final strength verification
Durability testing on the vibration test rig (earthquake test rig, HyMAS), shock tests, environmental tests (temperature, humidity, extreme conditions)
- All services from a single source: virtual and experimental analyses as complementary synergies.
- We provide comprehensive advice on the selection of necessary qualification steps - in all phases of product development, product optimisation and approval issues.
- Our independent and accredited laboratories provide you with individual support - from the damage case to the optimised and approved product.