Multi-axis vibration and seismic testing
With two technically advanced facilities for experimental vibration testing, IABG helps manufacturers and system operators avoid failures with a method of experimental verification of stress-related designs.
In order to meet the high demands for quality, IABG is accredited in vibration testing and earthquake simulation in compliance with DIN EN ISO 17025.
Based on our accreditation we test in compliance with common standards such as IEEE344, IEEE693, IEC 60980, IEC 61373, IEC 60068-2-6 and many more, as well as according to customerspecific standards.
For over 30 years we have been qualifying components from the following sectors:
- Nuclear power plants
- Wind power
- Medical technology
- Railway vehicles
- Experimental vibration testing with simultaneous multi-axle excitation in all six degrees of freedom (6DOF)
- Stochastic and transient acceleration profiles are created based on required response spectra (RRS or PSD) according to the following specified test regulations, for example.
- Real-time profiles (e.g. El Centro, San Fernando VERTEQII) are stored in the signal library of the process computer
- HyMAS (Heavy Multi-Axis Shaker)
- Frequency range 0.5 to 120Hz
- Max. load 14,000kg
- LiMAS (Light Multi-Axis Shaker)
- Frequency range 0.5 to 200Hz
- Max. load 1,000kg
- Ambient temperature -40 to +95°C
- Rel. humidity up to 95%
- 10.01.2018 IABG acknowledged as test body of EISENBAHN-CERT (EBC)
- 04.06.2018 Wireless charging of electric vehicles
- 27.01.2021 IABG launches a new competence centre for railway technology at its Dresden site