Temperature and climate
We subject products and components of manufacturers of wind energy plants to rapid specific aging in the laboratory. For many years now, our experience and know-how has been channelled directly into the development of our customers' products.
You benefit from our competence and long-standing experience. We advise and assist you in performing acceptance tests, assessing test items as well as documenting and interpreting test results. In close cooperation we help you fine tune the optimisation of your products.
Component test benches and facilities
Temperature humidity test
- Effective interior dimensions of chamber I [L x W x H]: 0.70 m x 0.60 m x 0.65 m
- Effective interior dimensions of chamber II [L x W x H]: 4.00 m x 2.20 m x 2.70 m
- Temperature range: -70°C to 180°C
- Controlled relative humidity: up to 98%
Metallic components are exposed mainly to corrosive influences during operation. The damaging influence of corrosion on the fatigue strength of these components is great and widely known. Corrosion processes (on top of the mechanical load) initiate and promote material fatigue. Whereas as the mechanical vibration loads and their effects on the fatigue strength of components can be determined in calculations and experiments, it is essential to have experimental verification of the corrosion load because of the great variety of influencing factors.
Therefore industrial materials are usually tested for corrosion resistance using salt fog and salt spray tests. The tests are based on common standards including DIN EN ISO 9227, DIN EN ISO 6270-2, DIN EN 60068-2, and DIN EN ISO 7253, DIN EN ISO 4628 as well as various manufacturers' specifications.
IABG has a number of different mobile and stationary facilities for running fatigue strength tests under the influence of corrosion.
Corrosion test chambers
Corrosion test chamber I
- Interior dimensions of test chamber: (L x W x H) 1190 mm x 750 mm x 570 mm
- Temperature range
- Salt spray test 5 K above ambient temperature up to +50°C
- Condensation water test 5 K above ambient temperature up to +45°C
- Climate test +23°C to +60°C
- Relative humidity: room humidity or saturation humidity Temperature constancy: ±1 K
- Air flow rate for salt spray test: 2 m³/h (at 0°C and 1 bar)
- Air flow rate for standard climates: 7 m³/h (at 0°C and 1 bar)
Salt fog chamber
- Internal dimensions of test chamber (L x W x H): 1000 mm x 650 mm x 900 mm
- Temperature range: room temperature up to 45°C
- Additional test options on request (e.g. SO2 tests)
Corrosion test chamber II (mobile and adaptable)
- Internal dimensions of test chamber (L x W x H): 1300 x 600 x 700 mm
- Temperature range: -20°C to +100°C
- Relative humidity: up to 95%
- Salt spray test via brine feed and spray jets
- Salt spray test via brine feed and perspex fog jet
- Climate and temperature via two high-volume insulated hoses in circulated-air mode, can be connected to any test chamber
- Ducts for actuators, fastenings and electrical connections
We perform standard dust tests to analyse the effect of dust and sand on automobile components. We have three dust test chambers for examining dustproofness, contamination, surface resistance and operability of objects under the influence of dust.
Our facilities can be used for testing in compliance with standards such as DIN EN60068-2-68, MIL-STD 810, IP protection tests according to DIN 40 050, IEC EN 60529 and VDE 0470 as well as tests according to various manufacturer-specific standards.
- 10.01.2018 IABG acknowledged as test body of EISENBAHN-CERT (EBC)
- 04.06.2018 Wireless charging of electric vehicles