Vibration testing and earthquake resistance
Seven electro-dynamic and several hydraulic vibration facilities (single and multi-axial, partly combined with temperature/climate measurement systems) with various table sizes and force vectors are at your disposal in the area of vibration testing.
All test facilities are equipped with efficient control and measurement systems covering all modes of operation available in vibration testing. Some of our facilities even allow for combined test campaigns, such as vibration/temperature.
Our vibration facilities are equipped with standard test mountings and sliding tables, allowing us to stress the item under test single-axially along the three orthogonal axes.
Three facilities can be operated with climatic chambers at adjustable temperatures of 70°C to + 180°C.
We additionally offer special tests on request, such as resonance searches and shock tests as well as tests with shorter or longer test durations and/or particularly high test levels (starting from 30 g sine/20 geff noise).
Vibration and shock testing
- Vibration (sine, random, transient, sine-on-noise)
- Shock and drop shock tests
- Measurement of dynamic responses, such as acceleration, elongation, force
- Combined temperature and vibration analyses
- Shock response spectrum analyses (SRS tests)
- Functional monitoring of the test item under dynamic stress
- Long-term analyses with variation of temperature, humidity, vibration profile and power voltage as well as provision of tempered cooling air
- Design and construction of test facilities
- Preparation of test regulations
Vibration tests for seismic qualification on the hydraulic multi-axis vibration table - HyMAS
Our hydraulic 3 axis vibration shaker is primarily for seismic qualification or for testing the fatigue strength of components and systems (up to 10 t) from the energy sector for ensuring proper function in the case of vibrations, earthquakes and its impacts.
Vehicles and their components are also exposed to different vibration loads when in use. These arise from uneven road surfaces, engine vibrations or accident-like events. Vibration loads occur in particular when driving over long periods. In order to test the proper functioning and durability both of complete vehicles and their components, you can use our hydraulic multi-axis seismic table to apply these loads in different ways. This can save expensive and time-consuming endurance assays on test tracks. The time-history is reproduced in condensed form.
The IABG is accredited in vibration testing and earthquake simulation in compliance with DIN EN ISO 17025. In this way we fully meet today's high demands for quality. Our test facility has four vertical and three horizontal hydraulic cylinders which permit spatial movement in all six degrees of freedom.
Normally, vibration loads occur spatially and randomly. Since test items have to be tested according to their mounting and placement, we use simultaneous multi-axis excitation in our experimental vibration testing.
Vibration tests to simulate operating loads in up to 6 degrees of freedom for
- Energy production and transmission components
- Power plant switchgear, refrigeration units, emergency power supply system
- Transport stress
- Reproduction of transient events
- Squalls, air crashes, separation of components
- Earthquake simulation
- Synthetic interpretation / safety and real time earthquakes