Space Simulation tests
The extreme conditions in space place highest demands on the materials of space systems and the reliable functioning of all components.
In our thermal test facilities we allow our customers to verify thermal-mathematical models under realistic space conditions and to seek out inaccuracies and – if necessary – optimise the models.
In simulated space conditions we examine the reliable function of materials for deployment in extreme conditions, as well as the suitability of newly developed components and systems. Our test spectrum covers:
Thermal vacuum chambers
- 4 thermal vacuum chambers
- Diameters from 2 m to 6.8 m
- Vacuum p < 10-5 mbar
- Thermal wall temperature range from 10 K to 420 K
- 2 standard IR irradiation systems
- 10.02.2020 Test series for the cryogenic rocket engine Vulcain®2.1 for Ariane 6: IABG and ArianeGroup are hosting a special press event
- 15.11.2019 IABG presents Sentinel-6 / Jason-CS satellite at an international press event
- 18.10.2019 Solar Orbiter Satellite Successfully Tested: Invitation to an IABG International Press Event