- Materials Testing and Failure Analysis
- Macroscopy and Stereoscopy
- Metallography / Materialography
- Hardness Testing
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Zeiss Merlin Gemini Scanning Electron Microscope
- Chemical and Physical Materials Analyses
- Non-destructive Testing
- X-Ray Inspection Systems
- Environmental Simulation
- Additive Manufacturing
- Powder characterization procedure PowderGenetics®
- Residual Stress Analysis
Materials Testing and Failure Analysis
We offer our customers universal, competent and prompt support in failure analysis, materials testing and the development of remedial measures for further product and process development.
In the field of failure analysis we are VDI 3822-compliant for systematic methods. We implement complementary testing methods in agreement with our clients both in our fully equipped laboratory and on-site. Our experts draft failure evaluation reports based on the following aspects:
- Determination of failure mechanisms
- Deduction of possible failure causes
- Definition of remedial measures
- Active failure prevention
Standardised work processes permit us to quickly and flexibly develop an examination concept tailored to your request. Our statement of work gives you an initial insight.
The materials we examine range from metals to non-metals, from synthetics to composite materials and material combinations. Our expertise covers the evaluation of different production and manufacturing processes – including additive manufactoring.
We advise you on matters concerning series production and development and respond in depth to specific questions. More experts are also available to provide aggregate services for design, layout, simulations, functional tests and environmental simulation.
Contact us and we will gladly bundle up a combined service package for you.
Examination methods materials testing and failure analysis
For the characterisation of systems, components, materials and defects we use the following examination methods:
- 24.06.2022 IABG hands over the large-scale test bench MAXI to the German Federal Armed Forces as general contractor
- 16.05.2022 Virtueller Expertenfrühschopppen Morning Pint: Neue Termine 2022
- 03.05.2022 DVM-Workshop Prüfmethodik für Betriebsfestigkeitsversuche: IABG zeigt hohe Kompetenz mit vier Fachvorträgen