Industry 4.0 / Internet of Things
The increase in networking and digitization of production processes is posing new and unknown challenges to manufacturers, integrators, and operators. Networking includes all types of business aspects, ranging from field buses and SCADA systems to plant manager levels to the office zone. It encompasses both manufacturers and suppliers as well as sales partners and customers. Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) are no longer separate from each other. This means that attack scenarios, which were previously limited to the office environment, are now affecting production and the supply chain, thus (in)directly impacting the customers. Direct communication between machines presents new challenges for security with regard to confidentiality, integrity, and availability. A secure IT and communication structure along the entire process chain reduces the danger of falling prey to cyber attacks and sabotage. Safety considerations should not only include the physical infrastructure, but also its virtual image – the so-called digital twin.
From design to implementation, you can count on us for the
- Modernisation or
- Restructuring of your communication and information systems.
You will benefit from our tremendous experience in realising projects, particularly in high-security sectors with special demands for data confidentiality and integrity. We apply standardised procedures, such as the IEC27000 series or IEC 62443, to introduce information security into the production environment.
- Analysis of the technical infrastructure – We support you throughout the complete life cycle - and beyond - to ensure the secure networking of your production. In doing so, we analyse your IT and OT communication systems, determine the individual protection requirements of your assets, identify and assess weak points and risks. Our aim is to reduce risks in the most cost-effective way through secure networking of your production tailored to your specific needs and requirements.
- Elaboration of customer-specific concepts and strategies – Our experts elaborate or optimise technical concepts for the networking and digitization of your production and supply chains. Together with you, we define the security objectives and work out operational and technical security concepts to meet your needs, based on the principle of secure by design.
- Support during realisation – We accompany you in implementing the strategies and concepts for secure networking by identifying appropriate ICT and security components to meet your specific protection requirements. We will be glad to advise you on the introduction and further development of an information security management system (ISMS).
- Operational support – Our work also focuses on the continuous optimisation of your technical infrastructure. We support you in the operation of your information security management system (ISMS) and in the continuous improvement of your processes. Our IABG Advanced Cyber Range training platform offers practical training courses, which increase awareness, knowledge, and advancements of your employees in the field of cyber security.
We are an active member in the security of networked systems working group of the Industry 4.0 platform, and as such, we are continuously working on the optimisation of security in the production environment. Our customers frequently benefit from the results achieved by this platform, and the fact that we are able to use and apply these results in our projects.
- 15.05.2019 4. IT-Vergabetag 2019
- 28.06.2019 Webinar: Industrial Security – Sicherheit als Bestandteil der Industrie 4.0