Our hydraulic 3 axis vibration shaker is primarily for seismic qualification or for testing the fatigue strength of components and systems (up to 14 t) from the energy sector for ensuring proper function in the case of vibrations, earthquakes and its impacts.
Vehicles and their components are also exposed to different vibration loads when in use. These arise from uneven road surfaces, engine vibrations or accident-like events. Vibration loads occur in particular when driving over long periods. In order to test the proper functioning and durability both of complete vehicles and their components, you can use our hydraulic multi-axis seismic table to apply these loads in different ways. This can save expensive and time-consuming endurance assays on test tracks. The time-history is reproduced in condensed form.
The IABG is accredited in vibration testing and earthquake simulation in compliance with DIN EN ISO 17025. In this way we fully meet today's high demands for quality. Our test facility has four vertical and three horizontal hydraulic cylinders which permit spatial movement in all six degrees of freedom.
Normally, vibration loads occur spatially and randomly. Since test items have to be tested according to their mounting and placement, we use simultaneous multi-axis excitation in our experimental vibration testing.
Shake table tests for simulating operating loads in up to 6 degrees of freedom for:
- Cars, commercial vehicles and large vehicle components
- Lorry engines, transport containers
- Telecommunications facilities
- Energy generation and transmission components
- Power plant switching stations, cooling units and emergency power supply units
- Operational load follow-up tests
- Simulating transport loads and behaviour under poor road conditions
- Reproduction of transient events
- Simulating gusts of wind, plane crashes, break-up of parts
- Simulation of earthquakes
- Synthetic design/safety and real-time earthquakes.