- Business Fields
- Mobility • Energy
- Rail & track
- Sicheres Autonomes Fahren
- Testing and qualifying hydrogen technologies
- Construction of burst chambers
- Testing under pressure: hydrogen in operation
- Nuclear technology
- Safeguarding of artificial intelligence (AI)
- Engineering and Support of wind energy plants
- Testing & qualification of wind energy plants
- Mobility services
- Nuclear technology
Vibration analysis, seismic qualification
We offer seven electro-dynamic and several hydraulic vibration facilities for vibration analyses (single- and multi-axial, partly combined with temperature / climatic features) with different table sizes and force vectors.
All test facilities are equipped with high-performance control and measurement systems, enabling you to use all operation modes applied in vibration analysis. Some of our facilities even allow for combined testing, such as vibration / temperature tests.
Our vibration facilities are equipped with standard mounting systems and sliding tables to stress test objects uni-axially across the three orthogonale axes. Three facilities can be operated in combination with climatic chambers at temperatures from -70°C up to +180°C.
On request we are happy to offer special tests, such as resonance searches and shock tests as well as tests with shorter or longer test durations and/or particularly high test levels (starting from 30 g sine / 20 geff noise).
Vibration and shock testing
- Vibration (sine, random, transient, sine on noise)
- Shock and drop shock tests
- Measurement of dynamic responses, such as acceleration, elongation, force
- Combined temperature and vibration analyses
- Shock response spectrum analyses (SRS tests)
- Functional monitoring of the test item under dynamic stress
- Long-term analyses with variation of temperature, humidity, vibration profile and power voltage as well as provision of tempered cooling air
- Design and construction of test facilities
- Preparation of test regulations
Vibration tests for seismic qualification on the hydraulic multi-axis vibration table - HyMAS
Our hydraulic 3 axis vibration shaker is primarily for seismic qualification or for testing the fatigue strength of components and systems (up to 14 t) from the energy sector for ensuring proper function in the case of vibrations, earthquakes and its impacts.
Vehicles and their components are also exposed to different vibration loads when in use. These arise from uneven road surfaces, engine vibrations or accident-like events. Vibration loads occur in particular when driving over long periods. In order to test the proper functioning and durability both of complete vehicles and their components, you can use our hydraulic multi-axis seismic table to apply these loads in different ways. This can save expensive and time-consuming endurance assays on test tracks. The time-history is reproduced in condensed form.
The IABG is accredited in vibration testing and earthquake simulation in compliance with DIN EN ISO 17025. In this way we fully meet today's high demands for quality. Our test facility has four vertical and three horizontal hydraulic cylinders which permit spatial movement in all six degrees of freedom.
Normally, vibration loads occur spatially and randomly. Since test items have to be tested according to their mounting and placement, we use simultaneous multi-axis excitation in our experimental vibration testing.
Shake table tests for simulating operating loads in up to 6 degrees of freedom for:
- Cars, commercial vehicles and large vehicle components
- Lorry engines, transport containers
- Telecommunications facilities
- Energy generation and transmission components
- Power plant switching stations, cooling units and emergency power supply units
- Operational load follow-up tests
- Simulating transport loads and behaviour under poor road conditions
- Reproduction of transient events
- Simulating gusts of wind, plane crashes, break-up of parts
- Simulation of earthquakes
- Synthetic design/safety and real-time earthquakes.
Tri-axial vibration tests on Light Multi Axial Shaker - LiMAS
with combined environmental simulation IABG Fatigue Strength Laboratory
With the multi-axis 6DOF vibration test bench LiMAS it will be possible to realize accelerations of up to 130 m/s² within a frequency range of 0.5 to 200 Hz and a maximum load of 1000 kg. The integrated climatic chamber allows a wide variety of environmental conditions, as these may significantly influence the product behavior.
Our fatigue strength laboratory is DIN EN ISO 17025 accredited, enabling us to meet and provide the highest quality standards to our customers.