- Business Fields
- Environment & geodata service
- Geodata services
- Urban Analyses
The first decade of the 21st century marked the first time that more than 50% of the world’s population resided in cities, which led to a soaring increase in the areal as well as vertical expansion of urban areas. The process of increasing urbanization is accompanied by increasing climatic change.
Frequent flooding or marked heat waves, partly accompanied by extreme droughts, are affecting an increasing number of people. In future, planners and administrations face the challenge of making urban spaces resistant towards climatic change, and cities and conglomerate cities increasingly need to be developed into “Resilient Cities”.
IABG supports this process through targeted analyses of city structure, based on highresolution remote sensing data. In the context ofcrisis management, weaknesses like extensivesoil sealing, poor distribution of green areas andwaterbodies, or areas threatened by flooding and heavy rainfall events are identified.
- Construction of high-precision terrain models
- Classification according to the European Urban Atlas Classification or other international standards
- Acquisition of single buildings for cadastral applications
- Simulation of flooding scenarios for the designation of threatened areas
- 3D building and city models with derivation of population density
- Retrospective multi-temporal analysis of urban development and future growth scenarios
- Monitoring of critical infrastructure
By activating this video the external provider might be able to collect user specific data by activating this content. For more information please check out our data protection.