- Business Fields
- Mobility • Energy
- Rail & track
- Impact testing
Fields of application
- Trains are exposed to high mechanical stresses such as hail, stone impact or vandalism.
- These influences can lead to massive damage to materials and components of the train.
- Impact tests with standardised projectiles reveal structural weak points of components such as e.g. windscreens, train fronts, side doors.
- Impact tests offer the possibility to detect structural problems of components in advance and provide valuable insights for product optimisation.
- Impact tests according to international standards, e. g. IC 651, DIN EN 15152 and DIN EN 5566, NF F 15-818, GM / RT 2100 Appendix B or customer-specific
- Investigation of failure mode by different types of test projectiles (metal projectiles, stone, gelatine, ice, etc.)
- Evaluation of deformation and strain
- Data acquisition with e. g. strain gauges, accelerometers, load cells
- Non-destructive testing methods, e. g. ultrasonic and eddy current, CT