Industrieanlagen-Betriebsgesellschaft mbH (IABG) was created in 1961 on the initiative of the Federal Republic of Germany as a central analysis and testing facility for the aerospace industry and the Ministry of Defence. IABG was privatised in 1993 and today is an owner-managed European technology company with the core competencies of analysis, simulation & testing as well as with plant and system operation. The “security” issue hereby forms the portfolio’s thematic umbrella: functional reliability of newly developed high-tech products and transport systems (safety sector) as well as security of state, business and society (security sector). In this context, IABG furnishes technical and scientific services for private and public customers in the main business fields of
- Mobility & Energy
- Environment & Geodata services
- Defence & Security
IABG employs about 1,000 highly-qualified staff at its head office in Ottobrunn as well as in other customer-oriented subsidiaries across Germany and abroad. IABG is independent of corporate affiliations and product-neutral and exclusively represents – often in a rating capacity – the interests of its customers. Its clientele is essentially composed of renowned industrial players (manufacturers of aeronautics and space systems, of automobiles and their suppliers) as well as of important Federal Ministries (e.g. Federal Ministry of Defence) and various State Ministries (here in particular Ministries of Internal Affairs).
Capital Stock: 6 Mio €
Legal Form: GmbH
Total operating performance: 199,4 Mio € (2020)
Employees: approx. 1100
Associations: Our interests are represented in the industry associations BDLI, BITKOM, DWT, FKH, ZVEI among others.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rudolf F. Schwarz (Chairman)
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Prof. Dr. Constantinos Stavrinidis
Dr.-Ing. Karsten Hans Deiseroth
Defence & Security
Dr.-Ing. Ralf Effenberger
Dr. Anne-Katrin Neumann
Engelbert Kupka (Chairman)
Lawyer, Member of the Bavarian Parliament retd.
Hans-Dieter v. Friedrichs ( Deputy Chairman)
Lawyer, District Chief Executive retd.
Dr.-Ing. Manfred Bayerlein
Advisory & Investments
General of the German Federal Armed Forces retd.
Dr. Evi Schuster
SCHWARZ Holding GmbH
- BSI TR-03140 (TR-SatDS1G) Conformity assessment according to the sateLlite data security act
- ISO 14001
- ISO 9001
- DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 for Fatigue Strength Laboratory
- DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 für das Betriebsfestigkeitslabor - Verzeichnis der Prüfverfahren
- EN 9100
- Accreditation Calibration Lab for Mechanical Units according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- Accreditation of Testing Lab for Qualification Tests (PLQ) according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- Certification of Space Test Centre according to ECSS-Q-20-ST-07C
- BSI-certified IT security provider
- AEO (Authorised Economic Operator)
- Unterauftragnehmer von EISENBAHN-CERT
- ISO 45001 (Locations Ottobrunn, Lichtenau)