We test your products to meet reality.
Nowadays, technical products must meet high demands regarding:
- Compliance with regulations
Mature test procedures are essential for the products in order to meet these demands, thus demonstrating functional capability and behaviour under the environmental conditions that occur during the real product life cycle.
IABG is capable of performing most environmental tests, all in one hand.
- Broad spectrum of applications
- High performance, competitive facilities
- Professional expertise
Our tests are in line with German and international standard test regulations such as
- MIL-STD 810
- Manufacturer-specific requirements such as those of Airbus Industries or Eurocopter
- Automotive industry requirements
- Individual customer requirements
If required, we will also analyse the operating conditions of your product, and devise an individual test programme for product qualification based on this Analysis.
You will reap the benefits of the valuable innovations brought about by our performance in product qualification.
The Certificates are available for download at Corporate Profile -> Facts -> Certificates on the IABG Homepage
Vibration and Shock Test (Bump Test)
Simulation of vibration, shock (in combination with climatic conditions if required) and constant acceleration according to customer specifications, MIL-STD 810, RTCA DO-160, ABD 0007, EN 600 68, IEC/EN 60721 and your own individual requirements.
- Vibration facilities with various sizes and loading capabilities
- Force rating 10 – 300kN
- Acceleration up to 100g
- Usable surface areas up to 3 x 3m
- Frequency range 4 - 3,000Hz
- Maximum amplitudes ± 15mm
- Sine, random, sine on random, random on random, shock and transport tests
- Measurement of dynamic responses as acceleration, expansion, force
- Combined temperature and vibration testing
- Functional monitoring of the test object under dynamic loads
- Shock and drop-shock facilities with various drop heights for half-sine and saw-tooth shock simulation
- Testing in accordance with the shock response spectrum (SRS test)
- Long-term testing with variations of temperature, humidity, vibration profile and power voltage as well as provision of tempered cooling air
- Design and construction of test facilities
- Creation of test specifications and advice on technological issues concerning vibration
- Multi-axis simultaneous vibration test (excitation in up to 6 degrees of freedom simultaneously)
- Force rating 100 – 250kN
- Acceleration up to 8g
- Usable surface areas up to 4 x 3m
- Frequency range 0.1 – 150Hz
- Maximum amplitudes ± 125mm
- Earthquake simulation
- Reproduction of transient events (squalls, air crashes, operational load follow-up tests, behaviour under poor road conditions etc.)
In our testing cabinets and drive-in test chambers (test volume 100l to 170 m3), we simulate all climatic impacting factors (individually or in combination) technical products are faced with during everyday operation. Our tests are in line with international and national specifications such as MIL-STD 810, RTCA DO-160, ABD 0007, IEC-Publication 68 and DIN IEC 68 / EN 68000, DIN 50010 to 50019 as well as all additional customer specifications.
- Environmental testing in large, drive-in climate chambers and cabinets
- Testing for heat, cold, humidity, reduced air pressure (altitude) and dusty or snow-filled intake air
- Exhaust gas and cold start testing with vehicles on roller test stands
- Long-term weathering
- Solar simulation (daylight phase D65)
- Precipitation simulation of rain and snow as well as freezing and thawing simulations
- Altitude simulation (ambient air pressure down to a few hPa)
- Generation of temperature shocks
- Simulation of corrosive atmospheres
- Special testing (e.g. salt spray tests, dust and snow impact)
- Advice on all aspects of environmental testing
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
Electromagnetic compatibility limits interference transmissions and simultaneously sets a minimum level of immunity to external interference. Together, these conditions reduce mutual interaction to a level that ensures system functionality in all operational situations.
With our test facilities and unique infrastructure, we qualify complex test objects according to the following specifications:
- Military: MIL-STD-461/462/464, MIL-STD-704E, MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-1275
- Aeronautics: RTCA/DO-160D, Airbus ABD0100, AMD-24, A400M, A380, A350, B787, Eurocopter Tiger, NH90, EC135, Boeing D6-16050-4, ED-14D
- Automotive industry: 72/245/EWG, 95/54/EWG, CISPR 25, VDE 0879, ISO-7637-x, ISO 11451/11452-x, VW TL 965, TL 82xxx, MBN 10284-2
- Information technology: ISO/IEC 15963-1, ISO/IEC 10373-6, ISO/IEC 14443-1, ISO/IEC 7816-1 (Chip cards, VICC, PICC)
- Specific customer specifications if required
- Measurement and simulation of interference transmissions and interference immunity in three chambers accredited in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025
- EMV 1 chamber (10.5m x 7.0m x 8.0m)
- EMV 2 chamber (5.4m x 4.3m x 2.7m)
- EMV 3 chamber (4.6m x 4.6m x 2.7m)
- Creation of test specifications
- On-board network simulation, power quality
- Mobile communications simulation (GSM)
- Shielding attenuation of cabinets and buildings
- Measurement of conducted and radiated interference transmissions up to 40GHz
- Testing for radiated and conducted interference immunity up to 40GHz
- Generation of high intensity radiated fields (HIRF) with fields > 4,000V/m
- Simulation of secondary lightning effects (LEMP)
- Advice, development supervision, hardening, qualification
Measurement and generation of magnetic precision fields
The permanent presence of the Earth’s magnetic field turns it into an important physical parameter whose impact on aerospace activities must be taken into account. Magnetic fields play a vital role in satellite attitude control as well as in numerous scientific experiments.
Even in modern aeronautics, classic magnetic compasses are used in emergencies. They must not be affected by nearby equipment. In our unique magnetic field simulation facility (MFSA), magnetic fields are generated and measured with high precision using a tri-axial combination of 12 coils in total, with a side length of 15m.
The impact of direct and alternating magnetic fields must be taken into account during operations in heavy industrial environments. For this purpose, we use additional coil systems of various sizes to test immunity in mid-sized and small objects.
- Compensation for the Earth’s magnetic field and simulation of variable artificially generated alternating and direct fields
- Magnetic simulation of orbit
- Measurement of magnetic cleanliness
- Magnetisation and demagnetisation of large and small test objects
- Measurement of dipolar and multipolar characteristics, magnetic momentum and eddy current fields
- Calibration of magnetometers
- On-location measurement of magnetic alternating and direct fields
- Compass safe distance test in compliance with RTCA/DO-160D and ED-14D
- Testing for magnetic effects in compliance with various aeronautics standards
- Immunity to high-frequency magnetic fields on ISM frequencies (13.56MHz, 27.12 MHz)
- Immunity testing in accordance with ISO 10373 and ISO 7816 with up to 800kA/m (chip card test)
- Testing for immunity to power engineering frequencies in compliance with EN 61000-4-8 with up to 1,000A/m
- Testing for immunity to impulse-forming magnetic fields in compliance with DIN EN 61000-4-9
- Testing for immunity to damped oscillating magnetic fields in compliance with DIN EN 61000-4-10
Our acoustic testing facilities are designed for a variety of acoustic tests, from small components to large assemblies and for the identification of noise transmission paths in vehicles.
Our tests are in line with national and international military and civil aeronautic standards, with specific automobile manufacturer standards and with additional customer-specific standards from the whole industry (e.g. electronic and machine construction industry, medical, rail and marine technology).
- Simulation of acoustic loads up to 156dB
- Reverberation chamber with a test volume of 1,378m³, noise generation at frequencies from 30 to 10,000Hz
- Performance of acoustic strength investigations up to 172dB using a progressive wave tube
- Measurement of acoustic pressure distribution, absorption and transmission
- Acoustic pressure level and acoustic power measurements as per ISO 3740 ff or in accordance with other standards
- Measurement of noise transmission paths
- Outdoor measurements
- Provision of mechanical-acoustic transfer functions
- Qualification and engineering tests
Dynamic Characterisation and Modal Analysis
Our mobile test facilities enable us to test dynamic characteristics and operational behaviour of the equipment under test in the laboratory and also on location, during real operation or on test routes. For example, testing the operational behaviour of vehicles (e.g. cars, HGVs, rail vehicles etc.) is a significant factor when analysing driving comfort, safety, operational security and Quality.
- Identification of eigenfrequencies, eigenperiods of oscillation, modal masses and damping properties during artificial excitation as well as measurement and analysis of operational oscillations
- Simulation of static and dynamic operational loads (stationary and mobile)
- Determination of structural loads and rigidity characteristics
- Four mobile test facilities of various sizes equipped with high-performance analytical tools
- Testing can be carried out in our own chamber with its special vibration-free foundation, or on-site at the customer’s location
Our facilities enable us to determine the exact physical mass characteristics of components up to complex systems
- Precise definition of the mass of the test object up to 3,000kg
- Determination of centre of gravity for test masses from 0.7kg to 6,000kg
- Determination of axial moment of inertia (MoI) in the range of 0.05kgm2 to 17,000kgm2, for test objects of up to 6,000kg
- Determination of deviation moment derived from:
- Residual imbalances of the test object
- MoI measurements of multiple axes
- Determination of principle axes of inertia using MoI measurements for multiple axes
- Static/dynamic balancing for test masses of up to 2,800kg
In our laboratories, we test the electrical and high-frequency properties of components and Systems.
- Experimental testing of on-board networks of vehicles (12/42V cold start tests, short-circuit battery behaviour, damage simulations for lines, arcs)
- Experimental testing of fuses and lines (fuses, pyro-fuses, electronic fuses, DIN 72581-3, MBN 10308-1, ISO 8820-1)
- Electrical and high-frequency properties of compound materials (conductivity, HF damping, electrical and thermal crash behaviour)
- Qualification of electrical and electronic components, EEE parts, space application, automotives (burn-in, aging, SCC-Q-60, ISO 8820-x)
- Measurement of thermal and mechanical procedures using thermographic and high-speed camera System
Calibration of sensors and signal amplifiers
Today the surveying of vibration instruments is an integral component of quality assurance.
The calibration of sensors and signal amplifiers is a fundamental requirement for the traceability of mechanical measurements and the calculation of measurement uncertainty.
Our calibration laboratory is accredited by the DKD according to ISO IEC 17025 and certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2000.
Our services comprise the calibration of measuring chain or individual components consisting of various sensors and signal amplifiers for both sine and shock applications.
Our Calibration Services
- single or triaxial sensors
- piezoresistive sensors
- piezoelectric sensors
- charge amplifiers
- measuring amplifiers
- amplifier including sensor
- Calibration Documents
- correction factors as printout or on data storage medium
If requested, we will be pleased to send you our price list via E-Mail.
- BSI TR-03140 (TR-SatDS1G) Conformity assessment according to the sateLlite data security act
- ISO 14001
- ISO 9001
- DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 for Fatigue Strength Laboratory
- DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 für das Betriebsfestigkeitslabor - Verzeichnis der Prüfverfahren
- EN 9100
- Accreditation Calibration Lab for Mechanical Units according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- Accreditation of Testing Lab for Qualification Tests (PLQ) according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- Certification of Space Test Centre according to ECSS-Q-20-ST-07C
- BSI-certified IT security provider
- AEO (Authorised Economic Operator)
- Unterauftragnehmer von EISENBAHN-CERT
- ISO 45001 (Locations Ottobrunn, Lichtenau)
- 22.09.21 - 24.09.21, 09:00 - 18:00 Uhr, Dresden 18. Internationale Schienenfahrzeugtagung
- 29.09.21 - 29.09.21, 10:00 - 11:00 Uhr, Webinar Webinar: Der Mensch als IT-Sicherheitsfaktor - Vernünftigerweise vorhersehbare Fehlbedienung
- 12.10.21 - 14.10.21 it-sa 2021