- Business Fields
- Electromagnetic Tests
Like many other complex systems also satellites are integrated as an overall system consisting of several subsystems and components. Every electronic subunit thus becomes both a source of interference by emitting internal signals, as well as a susceptible device by absorbing interferences from adjacent subsystems. These interferences can thereby either develop via radiation or via the lines connecting the systems.
At the same time, electromagnetic conditions at the deployment site, e.g. in space, must be considered. For this purpose IABG operates four EMC laboratories where the electromagnetic compatibility of electrical components and systems is examined.
As a result of these tests we generate a system with limited internally emitted interference and considerable immunity to external interference at the same time. Both conditions together reduce the reciprocal effects to a measure that guarantees the system’s functionality in all operational states at its place of operation.
The permanent presence of the earth's magnetic field makes it an important physical dimension near earth. Its influence in aerospace must thus be taken into account. Magnetic fields play a substantial role both in satellite position control and when it comes to the numerous scientific experiments investigating our solar system. In the European wide unique magnetic field simulation facility (MFSA) IABG generates such magnetic fields hence creating an environment that allows to calibrate and test magnetic instruments, zero-fields or magnetise and de-magnetise structures.
EMC Test laboratory
- 4 EMC laboratories
- Largest chamber: 10.5 m x 7 m x 8 m
Magnetic field simulation facility (MFSA)
- Three-axis coil system consisting of a total of 12 coils
- 15 m edge length each
- Highly precise measurement and generation of magnetic fields
- 14.10.2022 Verbundprojekt SmarTram: Auf dem Weg zur intelligenten, autonomen und sicheren Trambahn
- 24.06.2022 IABG hands over the large-scale test bench MAXI to the German Federal Armed Forces as general contractor
- 03.05.2022 DVM-Workshop Prüfmethodik für Betriebsfestigkeitsversuche: IABG zeigt hohe Kompetenz mit vier Fachvorträgen