- Business Fields
- Space Simulation tests
- Space simulation including solar simulation
Space simulation including solar simulation
Modern satellites are complex systems consisting of different subsystems and components. External influences, such as sun exposure, the earth’s Albedo radiation, low space temperature or the system’s internally generated heat affect the satellite and can result in satellite components becoming too cold or hot. The calculation and optimisation of the satellite’s “thermal balance” therefore is a challenging task which is to guarantee that all satellite systems function optimally.
Such extreme environmental conditions can be simulated in IABG’s WSA/TVA space simulation facility. The integrated solar simulator accurately reproduces solar radiation using xenon lamps. A movement simulator allows the test items to rotate under test.
Additional thermal plates (active or passive) as well as infrared irradiation systems can be integrated into the test facility as required.
Space simulation tests
- Simulation of high vacuum, low background temperature and solar exposure (space conditions)
- Artificial sun ray creation using xenon lamps
- Free movement of the test object relative to the sun radiation using a movement simulator
- 14.10.2022 Verbundprojekt SmarTram: Auf dem Weg zur intelligenten, autonomen und sicheren Trambahn
- 24.06.2022 IABG hands over the large-scale test bench MAXI to the German Federal Armed Forces as general contractor
- 03.05.2022 DVM-Workshop Prüfmethodik für Betriebsfestigkeitsversuche: IABG zeigt hohe Kompetenz mit vier Fachvorträgen