- Schooling & training
- Security, safety & human factors
Security, safety & human factors
The IABG Safety & Security Academy is your expert for instruction, training and coaching in everything to do with "Safety" and "Human Factors".
The IABG Safety & Security Academy is at your side in developing your competences to meet the challenges of safety and human factors in the automotive, aeronautics, process industry, medical technology, defence and security, train and railway and the information and communication technology sectors.
We support a proactive approach to safety in all projects. A strong safety culture in a company is requisite for safe and utilisable products and systems. Safe implementation must be guaranteed throughout the entire product life cycle. Systems must be safe and secure also with regard to operator errors, misuse, abuse and malicious acts like cyber attacks, for example.
We tailor the content and duration of our in-house and open training courses to your individual needs and requirements. Whether novices, experts or managers – we adapt the topics to suit the trainees. We support you in the moderation of your workshops and offer personal coaching for your employees.
Folgende Themenfelder werden von unseren Experten in Kundenprojekten bearbeitet und im Rahmen von Trainings geschult:
|Aviation Safety > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|Das Verhalten von Menschen in Notfällen und Katastrophen > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|Functional Safety > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|Dependability > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|Cyber Defence Operations: Incident Readiness > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|Cyber Defence Operations: Extended Response – Reversing > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|Gebrauchstauglichkeit für Anwender und Praktiker > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|Handbuch des BAAINBw zum Nachweis der Systemsicherheit > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|Human Domain > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|Human Factors, Ergonomie und Arbeitssicherheit > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|DIN EN ISO 9241 für Entwickler > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|Krisenmanagement > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|Methoden für Safety und Human Factors > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
|System Safety > Zur Onlineanmeldung|
Our catalogue gives you our complete training offering and detailed descriptions of the training course content.
The IABG Safety Academy configures the safety and human factors training courses tailored to the needs and requirements of your company and employees.
Examples of standards
The following safety and human factors standards are taught in the scope of introductions and practical specialisations:
- Defence (MIL STD 882, IEC EN 61508, STANAG 1008, SOLAS 74/88, DIN 81230)
- Automotive (ISO 26262)
- Aeronautics (RTCA/DO–178, RTCA/DO–254, RTCA/DO–330)
- Space (ECSS standards)
- Train and railway services (EN 50128/9)
- Medical technology (EN 60601, IEC 62304)
- Process industry (IEC 61511)
- Plants, machinery and equipment (IEC 13849, IEC 62061, ISO 25119)
- Safety at work and risk assessment of mental stress (Industrial Safety Act/ArbSchG, ISO 10075)
- Ergonomics and usability (ISO 9241, ISO 11228, ISO 13406-2)
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU, EMC Directive 2014/30/EU
Our trainers are experts with many years of operative and teaching experience in their separate fields.
The duties of our trainers include the running of training courses. In parallel they also work in customer projects, sit on expert panels and participate in work groups. This know-how flows directly into the training courses to ensure that our training course content is always up to date and practical.
From our training course descriptions
Below are excerpts from our Academy Training Catalogue.
Guaranteeing operational safety is an essential element in the development of technical systems in aeronautics. Knowing how to apply the corresponding aeronautics standards and integrate them in the development process shortens the development time and reduces the costs involved.
The provision of functional safety in electrical/electronic/programmable electronic systems serves to prevent systematic and random errors. The constantly increasing complexity of systems turns the implementation of standards-specific know-how of functional safety into a decisive competitive factor.
Usability for users and practitioners on the basis of DIN EN ISO 9241
The usability of an interactive system is supposed to ensure that the effectivity of the user in performing a task, the efficiency in operating the system and user satisfaction when using the system are given at all times. This also includes system operation being error-free/error-correcting. Usability encompasses the requirements for the work environment, hardware and software with the aim of preventing damage to health and avoid harming others, the environment and the system itself when working with the system and to make it easy for users to execute their tasks. According to EU law the EN ISO 9241 also applies to the assessment of user-friendliness requirements (Display Screen Equipment Regulation).
Human factors, ergonomics and occupational safety
To ensure a successful product launch it is essential to have optimisation of the human-machine interface right at the development stage of a product in order to guarantee the user-friendly design and enhance efficiency. Taking human factors into consideration in the development process enables you to identify and solve problems of usability and occupational safety and therefore avoid expensive reworking.
Taking the human factor appropriately into account gives a decisive competitive edge.
A crisis can threaten the very existence of a company. Mastering it has a decisive influence on the future of the company. Competent employees trained in handling crises and implementing solution-oriented crisis management are therefore of enormous importance.
In particular in the case of unforeseen crises, an efficient and effective crisis management is essential to respond adequately and minimise damage to the company.
To provide safety, security and occupational safety and health, but also support the entire system safety, it is necessary to know what methods are suitable and how to apply them efficiently and effectively. This is of great importance also in matters of ergonomics, usability and user experience.
Knowledge of methods is a key competence in all sectors and essential for the success of a project.
For more information please contact:
Prof. Dr. Harald Schaub
Head of the IABG Safety & SecurityAcademy
Tel. +49 89 6088-4088
We will be happy to discuss your needs and requirements and work out a custom offer for you.
- BSI TR-03140 (TR-SatDS1G) Conformity assessment according to the sateLlite data security act
- ISO 14001
- ISO 9001
- DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 for Fatigue Strength Laboratory
- DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 für das Betriebsfestigkeitslabor - Verzeichnis der Prüfverfahren
- EN 9100
- Accreditation Calibration Lab for Mechanical Units according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- Accreditation of Testing Lab for Qualification Tests (PLQ) according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025
- Certification of Space Test Centre according to ECSS-Q-20-ST-07C
- BSI-certified IT security provider
- AEO (Authorised Economic Operator)
- Unterauftragnehmer von EISENBAHN-CERT
- ISO 45001 (Locations Ottobrunn, Lichtenau)
- 21.12.2021 General contractor for MAXI: Important milestone reached
- 20.12.2021 All services for highly specialised test centres combined: RKW Architektur + and IABG pool their expertise
- 20.10.2021 Overall system demonstrator for a future airmobile weapon carrier (GSD LuWa) presented to the BMVg and BAAINBw