- Business Fields
- Experimental testing
With virtual analyses and simulations to an optimised and qualified product
Today, important components of product qualification are mapped and calculated virtually with powerful simulation tools and fast optimisation methods. Already in the development stage, loads of real operation, also including parametric variants of the structure, are simulated and optimised as products at an early stage. The digital twin shortens development times and reduces costs.
Especially interesting when new materials or innovative structural designs are used: Material, structural parameters and determination of loads is important before starting tests – to know the sensitivity of the test specimen. Damage tolerance, residual load-bearing capacity and vulnerability of the primary structures must be critically examined.
We offer numerical experiments and analyses with virtual prototypes of partial or complete structures on virtual test benches in the development and approval process. Nevertheless, there may be difficulties in the experimental qualification and verification process when transferring results to the real test specimen. We quantify and evaluate possible influences of boundary conditions even before the real test.
- Reference test: material selection and characterisation, feasibility check, comparative data for simulations
- Validation simulation: material model for static and dynamic loads, model simplification, virtualisation of the entire reference set-up, the test environment or the design load conditions
- Virtual design feasibility study, design optimisation, detailed analysis, preparation for qualification
- Product qualification: design specifications, qualification, certification
- Rapid virtual development of innovative structural solutions and evaluation of potential risks
- Optimisation of the test procedure and the test bench prior to the actual test
- Simulation of a test item´s behaviour during the test and identification of a suitable test item
- Optional optimisation of the test item before time-consuming and costly test begin
- Optional substitution of individual load cases
- Early determination of possible damage and consequent optimisation of the real test bench
- Reduction of component or full-scale structure tests