- Government Agency Networks
- Procurement support and utilisation
- Cyber security
- Professional Mobile Radio for Public Safety Organisations
- Implementation of management systems
- Human factors & ergonomics
- Industry 4.0 / Internet of Things
- Control and situation centres
- Mobility services
- Programme Support
- Dismantling of nuclear facilities
- Safety and functional reliability
- Safety Medical Technology Sector
- Safety Defence Sector
- Safety Automotive
- Satellite navigation (PRS)
- Safe City
- Security Policy
- Structural monitoring, inspection and analysis
- Environmental service
- IT Public procurement management
- Safety Defence Sector
Safety Defence Sector
In the defence sector, many demands, both civilian and military, are made on the development of new systems and subsystems. These should not be considered separately because they are a part of the intricate interaction with the safety culture of an enterprise, occupational safety requirements, environmental protection, ergonomics and possible threats to data security (cyber security).
We support the BAAINBw (German Federal Office of Bundeswehr Equipment, Information Technology and In-Service Support) as well as renowned manufacturers in applying IEC 61508, MIL-STD-882 and the System Safety Demonstration Manual. Our experts master the sector-specific standards like ISO 26262, DO-178, DO-254, ARP 4754 and ARP 4761, and ensure that these are taken into account in your projects.
- The development of safe products and systems demands safety-related processes that go beyond the standard development processes. Using gap analysis we identify missing or incomplete safety and process steps in the execution of projects. Gaps that are identified are effectively and efficiently filled (process consulting) and development activities are tuned to each specific project (tailoring).
- We support our customers in safety engineering, for example with hazard and risk analyses, FMEDA, etc.
- Our IABG Safety & Security Academy covers the training and/or coaching of your employees and hosts workshops for understanding and implementing various safety standards. In the defence engineering sector these are specifically MIL-STD-882 and IEC 61508, but also the "System Safety Demonstration Manual" of the BAAINBw and the V-Model XT.
- If parts of the development process are assigned to subcontractors we supervise and monitor these activities in your name (monitoring).
- The functional safety requirements often call for independent assessment of the products or independent auditing of the processes. We will be happy also to handle these safety assessments and audits for you.
- In the Defence & Security sector we identify, analyse and evaluate the aspects of a secure human-machine interface. The IABG Human Factors Team supports the public contracting authority and the defence technology industry above all in the CPM elements of management, human resources, occupational safety and ergonomics. The projects range from the analysis of the "human domain" to the design of the "Assessment Centre for Leadership of the Bundeswehr" through to the analysis and evaluation of weapon systems. Here we ensure compliance with and application of the relevant guidelines and standards like MIL-STD-1472, DIN EN ISO 9241, DIN EN ISO 10075, DIN EN ISO 11064, DEF-STAN 00-250 and HdE10.
IABG is a member of the IEC TC65 SC65A WG18 Committee for the development of the standard IEC 63187 "Functional safety – Framework for safety critical E/E/PE systems for defence industry applications".
Our references – three sample customer projects
1. Safety auditing of a light weapon station and externally driven weapons
On behalf of a public contracting authority we audited the company contracted for the development. To this end it was checked whether the defined and the applied development processes of functional safety meet the requirements of MIL-STD-882, IEC 61508 and the System Safety Demonstration Manual.
2. Safety assessment of optional optronic equipment
On behalf of a customer in the defence technology sector we are currently performing an independent assessment of the functional safety to ensure the safety of the E/E/PE system and compliance with the requirements of IEC 61508. Since our activities began in an early project phase we were able to give the customer timely useful advice regarding the existing safety processes.
3. Ergonomic evaluation of the operation of maritime weapon systems
We accompanied the development of a maritime weapon system and for different crew and operating concepts we determined and evaluated the workload of the crew in different roles and usability scenarios. Based on this we made recommendations for the design of the different HMIs (human-machine interfaces) of the weapon system and for the design of the crew's workflow. Here we applied current methods and technology of ergonomics like eye tracking, style guides and cognitive walkthrough.
- 24.06.2022 IABG hands over the large-scale test bench MAXI to the German Federal Armed Forces as general contractor
- 16.05.2022 Virtueller Expertenfrühschopppen Morning Pint: Neue Termine 2022
- 03.05.2022 DVM-Workshop Prüfmethodik für Betriebsfestigkeitsversuche: IABG zeigt hohe Kompetenz mit vier Fachvorträgen