- Government Agency Networks
- Procurement support and utilisation
- Cyber security
- Professional Mobile Radio for Public Safety Organisations
- Implementation of management systems
- Human factors & ergonomics
- Industry 4.0 / Internet of Things
- Control and situation centres
- Mobility services
- Programme Support
- Dismantling of nuclear facilities
- Safety and functional reliability
- Safety Medical Technology Sector
- Safety Defence Sector
- Safety Automotive
- Satellite navigation (PRS)
- Safe City
- Security Policy
- Structural monitoring, inspection and analysis
- Environmental service
- IT Public procurement management
- Human factors & ergonomics
Human factors & ergonomics
Human and Machine: Here's to Good Cooperation!
Digitisation influences our working world to a very high degree. Increasingly intelligent machines are taking over parts of our actions. The human being leverages these new technologies and communicates and interacts with ever more complex systems.
We ensure that the interaction between human and technology runs smoothly, concentrating on the human-machine interface (HMI). Together with our customers we work on configuring and implementing working and training environments where the highest priority is given to safe operation, usability, product experience, acceptance and learning (Human System Integration).
We are guided by the basic concept of ergonomics: Working conditions are adapted to humans and not vice versa (human-centred design). We focus on human thinking and human actions and thus the formal and informal working processes and structures (Human Factors). No matter whether we are devising a control console, a control centre or inter-organisational work systems, the underlying concept of our work is always the same:
A human-oriented system and work concept leads to increased productivity, motivation, satisfaction and health of the workers and subsequently reduces interruptions and enhances efficiency.
We begin with the work analysis. In-depth organisation and process consulting is followed by concrete recommendations regarding concept and structure. To optimise usability we employ modern methods such as eye-tracking analyses, design thinking, user experience surveys, virtual reality simulations and web analytics.
We elaborate our solutions in interdisciplinary teams: We include the latest findings of cognitive psychology, physiology, software design and engineering. Together we answer questions like:
“How are users dealing with this new software technology?" and "Can the operation be improved so that the human being is relieved mentally and physically?"
“What tools do we need to improve communication among teams?"
“Which internal processes boost our safety culture?"
Analysis and Design of Complex and High-Risk Working Environments
Ergonomics and Requirement Analyses Concerning User Experience
We employ modern methods, e.g. virtual reality combined with eye tracking to analyse attention, tiredness and distraction at the workplace.
Task and Workflow Analysis
We organise expert workshops and monitor workplaces to determine the expected demands on operators and operating safety.
Personnel Assessment and Diagnostics
We support you in selecting appropriate methods and in preparing, conducting and evaluating personnel assessments.
Field and Simulator Investigations Specially Conceived for Human Factor Analyses
We combine subjective questioning with objective measurements via eye tracking, for example, and system parameters like process times or the evaluation of system input by operators.
Field Study of Practice and Training
This includes written and oral interviews, participatory observation and sometimes video recordings.
Project Support and Assistance in Requirements Engineering
We tailor the requirements and technical equipment regarding information, communication and control systems to the user.
We run workshops to establish a user dialog for the design of human-machine interfaces (HMI).
Development of Recommended Actions
We help customers develop suitable courses of action and refine concepts. For this we address
- Workplace configuration with human-machine interfaces (HMI)
- Workplace safety
- Personnel development and qualification
- Personnel assessment and personnel diagnostics
- Safety culture and organisational development
Human Factor Training
Not only because this is demanded by risk and safety management systems: Human factor training is useful not only, but in particular, for those people working in high-risk sectors. Our training offering is available on the pages of our IABG Safety and Security Academy.
Motivated personnel who work without making errors at safe, ergonomic workplaces
- Lower costs for training and support
through rapid and intuitive learnability
- Higher productivity
through lower number of days taken off work (healthy working conditions), efficient processes
- Short development times and low costs
through avoidance/reduction of undesirable developments
- Improved product quality
through simple and intuitive operation
- Greater customer satisfaction and brand loyalty
through attractive design; user experience is perceived as a positive product feature
- Investment protection
by integrating the user in the entire development process
- 21.12.2021 General contractor for MAXI: Important milestone reached
- 20.12.2021 All services for highly specialised test centres combined: RKW Architektur + and IABG pool their expertise
- 20.10.2021 Overall system demonstrator for a future airmobile weapon carrier (GSD LuWa) presented to the BMVg and BAAINBw