Ever faster development processes call for enhanced methods to simulate real operating loads already at the design stage, also taking parametric variations of a structure into account. Powerful simulation tools and fast optimisation procedures enable the virtualisation of many important product qualification steps, which is essential for reducing development costs and times.
Especially when new materials or innovative structure designs are in play, it is crucial to identify material and structural parameters and calculate loads in advance in order to have prior knowledge of the sensitivity of a test item. Features such as the damage tolerance, residual load capacity and vulnerability of the primary structures must be scrutinised.
For this purpose, IABG offers to perform numerical experiments and analyses with virtual prototypes of substructures or complete structures on virtual test benches during the development and certification process. As the results might not always be reproducible with real test items during the experimental qualification and verification stage, IABG quantifies and evaluates the influence of potential constraints before conducting the actual test.
- Reference test (selection and characterisation of materials, feasibility check, comparative data for simulations)
- Validation simulation (material model for static and dynamic loads, model simplification, virtualisation of the entire reference set-up, test environment or design load conditions)
- Virtual design (feasibility study, design optimisation, detailed analysis, preparation of the qualification)
- Product qualification (design specification, qualification, certification)
- Fast virtual development of innovative structure solutions and evaluation of potential risks
- Optimisation of test procedure and test bench prior to the actual test
- Simulation of a test item‘s behaviour during the test and identification of a suitable test item
- Optional optimisation of the test item before time-consuming and costly tests begin
- Optional substitution of individual load cases
- Early determination of possible damage and consequent optimisation of the real test bench
- Reduction of component or full-scale structure tests
Wärtsilä Finland Oy, 2016
Gutor by Schneider Electric (Schweiz), 2015