- Business Fields
- Mobility • Energy
- Nuclear technology
- Earthquake qualification - verification of complete product families
Initial situation: The entire product family is to be qualified for use in power plants in earthquake regions
- Their product family (e.g. high-voltage switchgear) consists of a large number of modules with different sizes and designs, which can be installed individually or in a network of variable configuration.
- The load assumptions are standardised and known (shock response spectra)
- The test qualification of all possible module configurations is not affordable. Moreover, more than two modules bolted together cannot be tested because of the size and the high weight.
- The same connection techniques (screw connection types), the same materials and manufacturing techniques are used for all modules.
Our solution approach:
Model development, shock response analysis - determination of utilisation, iterative derivation of reinforcement philosophy and measures across all modules, demonstration of effectiveness of measures
Consultation on design modifications for product optimisation
Resonance search, determination of dynamic properties, earthquake testing
Model matching based on measurement results - Adjustment of modelling techniques, modelling, shock response analyses and strength assessment of all module configurations, if necessary
- Minimisation of qualification costs by saving on tests and expensive prototypes
- Enables the qualification of non-testable designs of your product (size / mass)
- Transferability of the determined component properties to simulation models of product variants for time and cost savings
- The simulation provides additional detailed information to complement the test results and better assess the product, e.g. on the basis of differentiated stress distributions.
- 16.02.2024IABG-Gruppe veräußert EXTEDO GmbH an Bertelsmann Investments
- 21.11.2023IABG successfully certified according to ISO 27001
- 24.10.2023Vorbereitungslehrgang der IABG-Werkfeuerwehr zur Brandschutzfachkraft (IHK)
- 07.06.2023Safety for transport and storage containers of hazardous goods: New large drop test facility enables tests on containers up to 65 t