Vertical Dynamic Structural Test Bench (VESPA) and Aggregate Services
Reliability and safety are decisive for vehicles which are getting more and more complex with ever more functions. In our facilities over the last 50 years, we have tested and qualified complete vehicles and their components in compliance with current standards and customer specifications.
Modern mobility concepts make the requirements for vehicle design ever more demanding. The Vertical Dynamic Structural Test Bench (VESPA) provides the testing technology to meet these requirements. It combines fatigue strength, fatigue and vibration tests. In addition, it also permits noise and vibration analysis.
We provide our customers with a wide range of services, which can be individually customised:
Within the context of modified mobility concepts, the Vertical Dynamic Structural Test Bench (VESPA) provides the testing technology to meet the new requirements for vehicles.
For example, we conduct fatigue strength tests on the structure of electric vehicles as well as noise analyses according to the customers’ specifications.
Services Vertical Dynamic Structural Test Bench (VESPA)
- Fatigue strength tests on car bodies and motorcycles along with operating load simulation tests, derived from vehicle measurements
- Determination of interference noise under various climate conditions
- Simulation of ageing processes for vehicle components through climate simulation and solar simulation in combination with vertical road excitation
- Human-rated mode (person in the vehicle during specific test modes)
Additional Services in Environmental Simulation Facilities
- Ageing of components or complete vehicles
- Environmental and functional tests on components or complete vehicles
- Four electrodynamic vertical actuators with 41kN
- Continuous operation possible (24/7)
- Maximum velocity: 4 m / s
- Frequency range: 0 to 150 Hz
- Dynamic stroke: ±125 mm
Suitable for vehicles:
- Up to 4,000 kg
- Wheel base: 1,800 mm – 4,200 mm
- Track width: 1,200 mm – 2,000 mm
- Max. vehicle height: 2,000 mm
- Temperature range: - 40 ° C to + 85 ° C
- Rel. humidity: up to 98 %
- Solar simulation facility: 1050 W / m2
- Iteration capacity of the test bench for strain gauges, acceleration and displacement transducers
- Additional data acquisition of temperature, strain, acceleration and displacement
- 26.04.2018 Oerlikon and IABG partnering to accelerate qualification of additive manufacturing components
- 08.08.2017 IABG new National Instruments Alliance Silver Partner