Vertical Dynamic Structural Test Bench (VESPA) and Aggregate Services
Reliability and safety are crucial with increasingly complex vehicles and thus growing functional scopes. Over the past 50 years, entire vehicles and their components have been competently tested and qualified in our test halls according to current standards and customer specifications.
In the context of modern mobility concepts, the requirements for the design of vehicles are becoming increasingly demanding: How does the new structure, the new material or the new component behave in the overall vehicle? Does the electric vehicle react significantly differently to road excitation than a vehicle with conventional drive? How do active chassis components react in the test and what does it mean for automated driving? What influence do weather conditions, fog or UV radiation have on the exterior and interior?
The Vertical Dynamic Structural Test Bench (VESPA) provides test protection for vehicles with conventional and electric drive systems. It combines test types for operational stability, fatigue, vibration, climate and environmental/ sun simulation. In addition, noise and vibration analyses, e.g. according to the acoustic profiles CREST, Squeek and Rattle (S&R), Noise Vibration Harshness (NVH), etc., are possible in human rated mode.
A combination test at VESPA combines many challenges/ requirements and impresses with high significance and reproduction for development, validation and verification.
We provide our customers with a wide range of services, which can be individually customised:
Services Vertical Dynamic Structural Test Bench (VESPA)
- Fatigue strength tests on car bodies and motorcycles along with operating load simulation tests, derived from vehicle measurements
- Tests on electric vehicles possible
- Determination of interference noise under various climate conditions
- Simulation of ageing processes for vehicle components through climate simulation and solar simulation in combination with vertical road excitation
- Human-rated mode (person in the vehicle during specific test modes)
Additional Services in Environmental Simulation Facilities
- Ageing of components or complete vehicles
- Environmental and functional tests on components or complete vehicles
- Four electrodynamic vertical actuators with 41kN
- Continuous operation possible (24/7)
- Maximum velocity: 4 m / s
- Frequency range: 0 to 150 Hz
- Dynamic stroke: ±125 mm
Suitable for vehicles:
- Up to 4,000 kg
- Wheel base: 1,800 mm – 4,200 mm
- Track width: 1,200 mm – 2,000 mm
- Max. vehicle height: 2,200 mm
- Temperature range: - 40 ° C to + 85 ° C
- Rel. humidity: up to 98 %
- Solar simulation facility: 1050 W / m2
- Iteration capacity of the test bench for strain gauges, acceleration and displacement transducers
- Additional data acquisition of temperature, strain, acceleration and displacement