For vibration testing we have seven electrodynamic and multiple hydraulic vibration test facilities (single-axis and multi-axis, some combined with temperature/climate) with different bench sizes and force vectors.
All the test facilities are equipped with high-performance control and measuring systems which cover all possible types of vibration testing. Some of our facilities are equipped for combined vibration and temperature testing.
The vibration test facilities are fitted with standard test harnesses and sliding beds for single-axis loading of test items on the three orthogonal axes. Three facilities can be operated with climate chambers and an adjustable temperature range of -70°C to +180°C.
We also provide special tests on request including resonance search and shock tests, for example, as well as tests of short or long duration and particularly high test levels (as from 30 g sine / 20 g noise).
Vibration and shock testing
- Vibration (sine, random, transients, sine on noise)
- Shock and drop shock tests
- Measurement of dynamic responses in terms of acceleration, strain and force
- Combined temperature and vibration tests
- Shock response spectrum tests (SRS tests)
- Monitoring the functions of test items under dynamic loading
- Long-duration tests with varying temperature, relative humidity, vibration profile and power supply as well as supply of cooling air
- Design and construction of test equipment
- Compilation of test regulations
Vibration tests for seismic qualification on the hydraulic multi-axis vibration table - HyMAS
Our hydraulic 3 axis vibration shaker is primarily for seismic qualification or for testing the fatigue strength of components and systems (up to 10 t) from the energy sector for ensuring proper function in the case of vibrations, earthquakes and its impacts.
Vehicles and their components are also exposed to different vibration loads when in use. These arise from uneven road surfaces, engine vibrations or accident-like events. Vibration loads occur in particular when driving over long periods. In order to test the proper functioning and durability both of complete vehicles and their components, you can use our hydraulic multi-axis seismic table to apply these loads in different ways. This can save expensive and time-consuming endurance assays on test tracks. The time-history is reproduced in condensed form.
The IABG is accredited in vibration testing and earthquake simulation in compliance with DIN EN ISO 17025. In this way we fully meet today's high demands for quality. Our test facility has four vertical and three horizontal hydraulic cylinders which permit spatial movement in all six degrees of freedom.
Normally, vibration loads occur spatially and randomly. Since test items have to be tested according to their mounting and placement, we use simultaneous multi-axis excitation in our experimental vibration testing.
Shake table tests for simulating operating loads in up to 6 degrees of freedom for:
- Cars, commercial vehicles and large vehicle components
- Lorry engines, transport containers
- Telecommunications facilities
- Energy generation and transmission components
- Power plant switching stations, cooling units and emergency power supply units
- Operational load follow-up tests
- Simulating transport loads and behaviour under poor road conditions
- Reproduction of transient events
- Simulating gusts of wind, plane crashes, break-up of parts
- Simulation of earthquakes
- Synthetic design/safety and real-time earthquakes
Tri-axial vibration tests on Light Multi Axial Shaker - LiMAS
with combined environmental simulation IABG Fatigue Strength Laboratory
With the multi-axis 6DOF vibration test bench LiMAS it will be possible to realize accelerations of up to 130 m/s² within a frequency range of 0.5 to 200 Hz and a maximum load of 1000 kg. The integrated climatic chamber allows a wide variety of environmental conditions, as these may significantly influence the product behavior.
Our fatigue strength laboratory is DIN EN ISO 17025 accredited, enabling us to meet and provide the highest quality standards to our customers.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION:
Simulation of transient loads (e.g. windmilling tests):
- Fan Blade Out
- Sustained Engine Imbalance
Vibration test of automotive (sinus, random noise and road load simulations, etc.) commercial (transport simulations, rough road track, etc.) vehicle components:
- Brakes, body panels, engine components, axle components
- Heat exchanger and exhaust systems, batteries, fuel tanks
- Acceleration, Displacement, Strain, Temperature, Humidity
- 2000 x 2300 mm
Synthetic and real-time earthquake simulation:
- Telecommunication equipment
- Power generation and transfer components
Reproduction of transient occurrences:
- Wind gust loads
- Plane crash on buildings and facilities
- Mechanical spalling
Vibration and shock tests:
- Rail vehicle components
- Electronic systems used on rail vehicles
Wärtsilä Finland Oy, 2016
Gutor by Schneider Electric (Schweiz), 2015